Guest blog written by Performance Auto Body, a local collision repair shop.
Have you been involved in an auto accident? If you have, knowing what to do afterwards can be difficult. That’s why we are here to provide a guide on how to respond to auto accidents after they happen. Once everyone is ok and damage is assessed, contact Performance Auto Body for collision repair!
After an accident, here are some steps to take to make sure everyone is ok and damage is dealt with as quickly and smoothly as possible.
1. Make sure everyone is alright. If anyone is injured and in need of medical assistance, call 911 right away to inform them that you require emergency medical personnel. If no one has sustained damage, call the local police to report an accident.
2. Share insurance information and contact information with the other driver. Be sure to gather theirs as well.
3. Gather details about the accident. Write down your own account, ask the other driver and any other witnesses. Either write down their responses or ask for permission to record their account of what happened on a voice recorder app.
4. Call your insurance provider. The sooner you call them, the sooner they can assist you. Additionally, we at Performance Auto Body can help with this step if you need assistance.
5. Finally, get your car to a collision repair shop that you trust. Performance Auto Body can perform all necessary repairs, from small dents to major repairs.
Don’t delay when completing these steps. The sooner each step is taken care of, the better. Waiting to contact your insurance can lead to additional hang ups with the filing process, while waiting to bring your car into our collision repair shop can lead to worsening damages that require more time and money to fix.
An accident is stressful enough, so there is no reason to add additional stress to the recovery and repair process. Trust Performance Auto Body to get your truck back to normal and you back on the road for your next adventure. We are I-Car certified, licensed and insured, so we are an auto body and collision repair shop that you can trust.
Are you in need of a reliable collision repair shop for your truck? Call the experts at Performance Auto Body at 847-455-5511 or contact us for a free estimate. And, if you are looking for truck accessories in the Chicagoland area, call The Truck Shop today at 847-455-2233 or contact them!